Administrative GeneralistMarch 24, 2023
Teaching Artist – GraffitiOctober 4, 2023
Website SEAMAAC, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Cleaning Ambassador
DEPARTMENT: Community Development
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
JOB SCHEDULE: Part-time
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
SEAMAAC welcomes applications for a Cleaning Ambassador
SEAMAAC is a nonprofit organization in Philadelphia, with the mission “to support and serve immigrants and refugees and other politically, socially and economically marginalized communities as they seek to advance the condition of their lives in the United States.” SEAMAAC envisions a strong and unified society, where immigrants and refugees work alongside other Americans to build shared political, economic, and social power.
Cleaning Ambassadors is part of a city-wide initiative entitled, Taking Care of Business (TCB) which is a city funded cleaning program designed to remove litter, trash, and debris from commercial corridors. Cleaning Ambassadors engage with business owners and residents in a positive manner to share the importance of community beautification. Cleaning Ambassadors are required to perform Essential Functions to ensure that the TCB Initiative is effective and successful in producing desired performance outcomes.
Commercial Corridor Cleaning
In a safe manner, use push brooms, shovels, hands, trash bags, and other tools and equipment to:
• Clean sidewalks from the building/property line to the curb; at least 18 inches from curb to street
• Clean all four corners of the intersection located at the end of the assigned cleaning route(s)
• Clean at least twenty feet in along any secondary side streets intersecting with commercial area
• Clean in alternating directions along the commercial corridor to ensure all adjacent areas are cleaned.
• Clean interior and exterior of planters and tree pits, removing all litter, debris, and weeds
• Ensure that weeds grow no higher than 8 inches on all sidewalks along each route
• Remove posters, stickers, and other debris from street fixtures including parking and traffic signs
• Clean out cigarette butts and other debris from cracks in the sidewalks as well as the tree pits
• Clean traffic islands owned by the City of Philadelphia that are within the commercial corridor area
• Clean between newspaper distribution boxes and neatly rearrange these boxes at each intersection
• Inform supervisor of graffiti, illegal dumping and sanitation violations to notify CLIP and/or Philly 311
• Bag all trash, litter, and debris and place in designated location for sanitation collection
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Share helpful information with business owners and residents to reduce short dumping and litter
• Engage in brief conversations with business owners, residents, and the general public about the Taking Care of Business Initiative and benefits of community beautification
• Report any feedback and/or perspectives shared by business owners and residents to management
• Is respectful in all communications and behaviors; and has a positive attitude
• Follow instructions, ask clarifying questions, and be open to constructive, developmental feedback
• Communicate effectively and work well with others in a collaborative manner
• Develop professionalism skills to get along with diverse people in the workplace and community
• Wear assigned uniform, gear, and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for safety reasons
• Address and resolve common workplace issues to maintain employment and develop
• High school diploma or equivalency is helpful but not required
• No prior work experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly expected to be on their feet and/or walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Commercial corridor cleaning assignments may vary and include working outdoors in various weathers and temperatures, including extreme cold weather, high heat, and humidity. Work assignments focus on performing cleaning on commercial corridors to assist with making Philadelphia a cleaner place to live, work, do business, and play. Cleaning assignments, while rewarding, require strenuous physical activity and stamina in difficult and challenging environments. Cleaning Ambassadors may be required to lift and carry 10 – 40 lbs. as well as stand and walk for long periods of time.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must undergo background checks. SEAMAAC will consider all applicants fairly and will review background check results to determine whether they affect the applicant’s suitability for the job.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Hours: This position ranges from 20-25 hours per week.
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Benefits: A part-time position offers sick leave and paid holiday leave.
SEAMAAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com