Truancy Case ManagerMarch 1, 2023
Civic Engagement CanvasserMarch 1, 2023
Website SEAMAAC, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Community Building Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Community Development Department
REPORTS TO: CEO
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
Applications without a detailed cover letter and resume will NOT be considered. Interested applicants must submit materials to empl[email protected].
SEAMAAC welcomes applications for the full-time position of Community Building Coordinator. SEAMAAC (a nonprofit organization founded in 1984, as the Southeast Asian Mutual Assistance Associations Coalition, Inc.) has 38 years of experience serving and advocating for Philadelphia’s immigrants and refugees. Our mission is “to support immigrants, refugees, and their families as they seek access to opportunities which would advance the condition of their lives in the United States.” Throughout our history, SEAMAAC has worked to bring issues affecting immigrants/refugees to the forefront for policy makers and other service providers, while offering a variety of programs to meet the needs of community members. Currently, our programs include English as a Second Language (ESL) and computer literacy classes, afterschool and summer camps, truancy prevention, domestic violence prevention, elderly services, health insurance and public benefits enrollment assistance, health education, civic engagement, refugee services, neighborhood building, and women’s health.
The Community Building Coordinator in partnership with the Community Planning Coordinator and the CEO will manage SEAMAAC’s South 7th Street Commercial Corridor Improvement Program. The Community Building Coordinator is responsible for improving businesses along South 7 Street corridor between Snyder Avenue and Porter Street. The Community Building Coordinator is also responsible for implementing the plans to revitalize Mifflin Square Park and the surrounding neighborhood.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Social Policy, Communications, Business Management, Political Science, Public Health or related field preferred.
- Minimum one year development, community engagement and advocacy experience preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual in English and Khmer, Spanish, Vietnamese, Lao or Chinese.
- Establish consensus and cooperation by building partnerships among the various groups that have a stake in the South 7th Street Corridor
- Building relationship with businesses and partners in the commercial corridor
- Facilitate monthly/quarterly commercial corridor meetings
- Provide assistance to business owners for grants applications
- Create a safe and clean space in the business corridor through collaborations with stakeholders and local governmental and nonprofit entities
- Work with existing partners to implement plans to revitalize Mifflin Square Park and surrounding neighborhood.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail, and ability to create, collect, and analyze data collection tools
- Excellent public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Ability to work with diverse staff as well as a strong commitment to supporting the collective efforts of the team in accomplishing program objectives and goals.
- Knowledgeable about the issues facing refugee/immigrant communities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of people at different levels
- Organize special events and assist with marketing for businesses on the South 7th Street Corridor
- Assist with recruiting and supervising interns/volunteers
- Manage timelines and grant requirements for the department
- Write and submit reports for the programs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Potential for unpredictable and violent clients. Inside and outside work with exposure to weather conditions
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time. A job offer with SEAMAAC is contingent upon being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and providing proof of this vaccination before your start date.
Hours: Flexible, and primarily during business hours. This position is a hybrid role with some in-person work and some remote work required. This position may require some travel, nighttime or weekend assignments.
**NOTE: All duties are subject to change, based on COVID-19 public health guidelines and potential changes in program funding.
Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 per annum, commensurate with experience
Benefits: This position offers health insurance, paid vacation, sick and personal leave
SEAMAAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should submit a resume and detailed cover letter to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com