Digital Literacy & ESL Classes
SEAMAAC supports immigrants and refugees to achieve their educational, citizenship, and employment goals.
We can help you file for unemployment, update your resume, apply for jobs, and prepare for interviews.
We can also help with your citizenship application and connect you to a free attorney if you need one. After you've become a citizen, we can help to register you to vote and give you information about your voting rights.
Our programs include:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
- Citizenship Test Preparation classes
- Digital Literacy classes
- Computer Lab
We offer classes and one-on-one support in-person, by phone, or through virtual meeting.
Click here to see the upcoming Winter schedule.
Click here to join the waitlist for in-person Winter classes.
Click here to register for online Winter classes.
Contact: Email us at [email protected] or call/text 215-833-9251 for information about classes.
Our Digital Navigator program is designed to assist local community members in Philadelphia with information on Internet access and basic technical support issues.
SEAMAAC's Digital Navigators will provide assistance on the following:
- low cost Internet or phone options
- assistance with connecting to Wi-fi/wireless networks
- using your smartphone to access your email, calendar, or other apps
- using a computer, tablet, or other devices
- information on school registration, remote learning support, and other educational needs for your children
To reach a Digital Navigator:
📞 Call or text 267-225-0684
⎋ Email [email protected]
A navigator will return your call, text, or email within 2 business days. Interpreters are available in most languages for phone calls.
Please leave a message with the language you are requesting.